Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Good News! I Got A New Suitcase!

Last month I flew down for my niece's wedding in Washington, DC.  When I finally got my suitcase back at the baggage claim area at BWI, a big long slash was across the outer pocket of my suitcase.  Fortunately, I didn't have anything in that part of the suitcase.  A man in the baggage claim office taped it back together while I filed my complaint.

When I told him that I live in Boston, he told me to fill out a form when I get back to Logan Airport.  He promptly took the form I had just filled out and threw it in the trash.  I took his name and phone number, just in case of any problems.

As soon as I got back to Boston and got off the plane, I went over to the ticket counter people and told them what happened in detail.  They told me I shouldn't have let the man at the BWI baggage claim tear up the form I filled out because damage complaints are supposed to be done in 24 hours of the incident.  I told them that the man I spoke to said to file it at Logan not at BWI.  After speaking to their supervisor, they let me file a complaint and instructed me that I had ten days to give them my damaged suitcase so that they send it away to be repaired.

Last week, a rep from Air Tran called me and told me the news that my old suitcase was damaged beyond repair.  Then she told me that they were sending a new suitcase which is similar to my old one.  I just got the new one tonight and it looks great!  Even better than the old one.

Thanks Air Tran!  :-)

No comments: