Sunday, July 31, 2005

I'll Cry Instead

Things didn't work out for me when I pursued both radio and television as a career after graduation from Emerson College in 1986.  I'll admit that for years I was hurt and angry about it, but just before I got my diagnosis in 2002 I did decide to move on to a writing career.  In fact it was during an assignment for a writing class when I learned that I really have Asperger's Syndrome and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (the Sleep Apnea diagnosis came later in 2005).

When I now think about the years I pursued a career in both those two broadcasting fields, tears do come.  At least I am glad that I don't get angry anymore because that can be very destructive, energy draining and erode your soul.

That's another reason I want to write my memoir, Uncommon Bostonian.  Anger is the wrong way to react.

I'm happy I got my freedom from the anger.

No comments: