Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Poor Knees!

I went to see my Physical Therapist, Barbara, today.  She's helping me regain strength in my right leg because I hurt my knee in the car accident.  She said the right knee is doing better.

Unfortunately, she noticed that my left knee was swollen.  I told her what happened last Thursday night.  My left knee popped loudly while I was busy getting my cats and myself ready for bed.  This happened after I came home from meeting Temple Grandin at the Harvard Bookstore in Cambridge.

I told Barbara that I put an ice pack on my left knee shortly after it popped that night.  However there was a lot of swelling on the knee that had Barbara worried.  So she put an ice pack on my left knee and wrapped it up while she helped me exercize my right knee with some weights.

Now I have to spend the rest of the week putting my ice pack on my left knee.  Lucky me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me. I have had knee surgery, got hit in the head by a tree branch that fell after a truck hit the tree, lost the use of my arm and got it back, and started having major seizures. The up side? I can make great milk shakes if you don't mind the slight amount of drool in the foam. lol   Or latte maybe? (grin)