Saturday, July 16, 2005

My Third of July Trip

A couple of Sundays ago, I was walking across the Yard at Harvard University to reach Harvard Square.  The regular path I walk on was blocked by construction stuff so I had to walk on a brick path.  The uneveness of the path made the sandal of my right foot get caught in between two bricks forcing me to trip over.

I fell on my right side hurting my shoulder, hip, knee and ankle.  A campus security guard helped me get back up on my feet.  I had two small bruises on my leg because I was wearing shorts.  My shoulder just throbbed painfully.  Dirt was on my purple shirt and I had to contineously dust it off as I walked away.

That evening and the next day, the Fourth of July, I felt sore shoulder to ankle and put some heat and ice on various parts of my body.  My right leg is still recovering from the car accident that I had back in December 2004. 

My physical therapist did some stretches to help me with my new injuries.  A few days later I saw my doctor who checked my leg.  Luckily nothing was broken.

My unexpected trip delayed me in starting my blog, but better late than never.  The bruises are now gone, but my right knee and ankle still feel sore.  OUCH!

No comments: