Wednesday, July 20, 2005

More Sad News! James Doohan, "Scotty" of Star Trek Passes Away

Another person who made my childhood special has died this week.  I've watched Star Trek since I was little, even before I started Kindergarten in 1969.  I grew up watching James Doohan play Mr. Montgomery Scott (a.k.a. "Scotty") on TV.  Today he passed away.

It was in 1983 when I attended my very first Star Trek convention right here in Boston.  James Doohan was the special guest.  I was a freshman at Emerson College.  I was overwhelmed because it was my first time.  I enjoyed his lecture to us and the Q&A session that followed.  He was very nice.

I saw him at several more conventions over the years and finally met him in 1992.  I shook his hand, took his picture and received his autograph.  A true gentleman.

He'll be greatly missed everywhere.

No comments: