Monday, September 18, 2006

Getting Back In Shape

Already I'm in week two of my two workout classes that I am attending at my job.  The one I go to on Monday is called Pilates.  This is for my abdominal muscles, the core muscles.  Last week was tough because I did not have a mat.

Last night, I drove from Jamaica Plain to Quincy in search of the closest WalMart store because they have a Pilates mat.  The tough part was that the store was located in a part of Quincy that I am not familiar with.  I spent several minutes looking for the roads that lead to the WalMart.  Luckily, I did find it.  My mat has a bright purple color.  I was exhausted when I finally got back to my condo.  I haven't had the chance to do any entries since Friday night.

I showed up in class this afternoon and had a more comfortable workout doing the Pilates stretches this time around.

The other class I take is on Wednesday.  It's called "Hips, Abs, and Thighs."  This also works on the lower part of the body.  My body felt sore after that workout last week, but I feel stronger now.

I need the classes because after having that bad car accident in December 2004.  It has been difficult for me to stay in shape.  I still have problems with my right knee.  I am seeing an orthopedic doctor next week.  Hopefully, he can help me with the pain I still have in that knee.  It's been the primary cause of me going out of shape in the past year and a half.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds as though you are on the right track. Congrats. to you on joining the classes and your self- determination. I admire your gumption!

Toodles,
Tia