Monday, September 4, 2006

Misdiagnosis!

When I saw the title of this article, "Asperger's Frequently Confused with Other Psychiatric Disorders," it made me remember when I met my first therapist and was misdiagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder in 1989.  In 2002, I learned that I really have Asperger's. 

I was surprised because during all those years I spend with my first therapist, I questioned her diagnosis.  I even told her that I wasn't capable of socializing, but she thought otherwise.  I had a lot of difficult years, despite the therapy I got.  It just didn't help me in the long run.  I had incidents of misbehaving badly towards others because I was very upset and frustrated when it came to socializing with others.  I thought others were just being unfair to me.

No comments: