Friday, September 15, 2006

Parents to the Rescue!

The parents of a Hamden Township boy with Asperger's Syndrome is suing the Cumberland Valley School District and four teachers in Pennsylvania for mishandling his special ed plan.   The boy was subjected to abusive teachers and children who were bullies towards him.

The Sentinel has an article about this situation called "Bullying Charged in Special Ed Suit" by Tatiana Zarnowski.

The parents pulled him out of the school and now have him in a private high school.  What I like about this story is that the parents took action against the bad treatment their son was getting.  When I was growing up and getting bullied by my fellow students, my parents would only say to me, "Just ignore it" and "What's the big deal?"  That wasn't helpful to me, and I ended up feeling truamatized by it for years.

Good luck with your lawsuit!

No comments: