Saturday, September 23, 2006

Support From The Church

A very touching story about a woman who is a domestic abuse survivor and her son who has Asperger's Syndrome getting help from her church.  They helped fixed their home so she could put it on the market.  The house sold in four days.  They directed her to other services for help in getting her back on her feet financially and emotionally. 

Their helping her has also helped her son who is now more expressive than before.  Now, that's inspirational and spiritual.  I remember the times that my own church has helped me out with I wasn't able to afford food for myself (and I didn't qualify for food stamps).  I was spending my money making sure that my two cats, Storm and Cap, were fed.  The other expense was my car which was breaking down a lot in 2003.

No comments: