Friday, January 4, 2008

Outside In Song of The Week

So, I spent Christmas at home with my family in Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC.  I got into a conversation with my brother-in-law about the music I listened to on the radio when I was very young back in the early 1970s.  He was surprised that I listened to novelty songs, a little country, rock and roll, and soul music.  He even asked me which station I was listening to at the time, but I don't remember.  From what I do remember is that I flipped around the dial a lot.  I didn't have a regular station to listen to at the time.  It was in high school in the early 1980s, I listened to WRQX-FM, Q107, on a regular basis.  Good music.

Here's a song I listened to when I was little.  It features Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s dad as the lead singer.  Cuba Jr. just celebrated his 40th birthday on January 2.

"Everybody Plays a Fool" by The Main Ingredient

No comments: